Call for Papers: Satellite Meetings
33rd Pre-Conference of the Library and Research Services for Parliaments Section
"Information as the foundation for social solidarity: the role of Parliamentary libraries and research services"
16 – 18 August 2017
Plenary Hall of the Senate, Warsaw, Poland
The Library and Research Services for Parliaments Section invite proposals for presentations at the Pre-Conference to be held at the Plenary Hall of the Senate, Warsaw, Poland, from 16 to 18 August 2017.
In today’s interconnected world, Parliamentarians increasingly need tailored analytical and information products to communicate with citizens, as well as for facilitating their own legislative and policy work. The pre-conference will focus on sharing practical experience on how parliamentary libraries, research and information services develop new products and services according to ever-changing requirements, and its impact on strategic planning.
We invite proposals for short and inspiring presentations to support two keynote speeches on innovation in analytical and information products and strategic planning. The aim of these short presentations is to further explore solutions to issues raised in the keynotes, and to inspire subsequent group discussions. For that reason, presentations need to be focused on practical experience in the following areas;
- developing new analytical products with user needs in mind (research services)
- developing new information products with user needs in mind (libraries)
- training and motivating staff to acquire necessary skills to deliver new services
- introducing project management methodologies to drive innovation and change
- can metrics be used to demonstrate the value of parliamentary libraries and research services?
- code of ethics for parliamentary libraries and research services
Highly engaging presentations (one per topic) with a knowledge sharing and practical focus, as well as encouraging innovative thinking in parliamentary libraries, research and information services, will be selected.
How to submit a proposal
Please send an abstract (1 page or about 300 words), in English, French or Spanish, to:
Chair, IFLA Section on Library and Research Services for Parliaments
Secretary, IFLA Section on Library and Research Services for Parliaments
Please use as subject heading of your email:“IFLAParl-Pre-Conference-2017″ followed by your name.
Proposals should include:
- Title of proposed presentation
- Abstract of proposed presentation (no more than 300 words)
- Name(s) of presenter(s) and position or title
- Employer / Institution
- Contact information including e-mail address, telephone number
- Short biographical statement of presenter(s)
- Language of final presentation
Presenters will have 10 minutes each to deliver their presentations. Final presentations will also be uploaded to the Pre-conference and IFLAPARL section public websites.
Language of the session:
Presentations should be delivered in English or French
Abstracts can be in English, French, or Spanish
- 31 March 2017: Deadline to submit proposals/abstracts.
- 15 April 2017: Proposals will be reviewed by a team of members of the Standing Committee of the Section and successful proposals will be identified. Details regarding the format and length of the final presentation will be sent to candidates whose abstracts are accepted.
- 1 June 2017: Deadline for submitting selected presentations.
All proposals must be received by 31 March 2017.
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program of the Satellite Meeting.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses for attending the satellite meeting (eg. travel, accommodation, etc.) are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA.