Call for Papers: Open Sessions
Environmental Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group joint with Public Libraries Section
"More than Green: Sustainability of practice - Public Libraries & the 2030 United Nations Agenda "
[Deadline extended to: 15 March 2017]
Environmental Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group (ENSULIB) in partnership with the Public Libraries Section invites you to submit a program proposal for its joint open session at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) in Wroclaw, Poland from 19-25 August 2017.
The proposal is to relate to the Libraries, Development and the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
The program committee is interested in projects relating the Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform, in particular those that contribute to:
- Environmental, social or economic sustainability
- Public libraries building sustainable societies
- Sustainable library projects or library programs.
Proposals should be sent to:
Harri Sahavirta, Convenor, Environment, Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group
Proposals must be submitted by
28 February 2017 the extended deadline of 15 March 2017 and should include:
- Title of the presentation
- Abstract of no more than 400 words
- Author(s) name, professional affiliation, postal address, e-mail address
- A brief biographical statement of no more than 150 words.
The conference will be conducted in English. All proposals, papers and presentations will be required to be in English.
Selected presenters will be notified by 13 April 2017.
The planning team reserves the right to ask applicants to make small adjustments to the shape of their papers to support the needs of the program.
Requirements for speakers
- Final papers should be a maximum of 3000 words in length
- Papers should be original submissions (not published elsewhere)
- Papers must be submitted as formal papers for inclusion on the IFLA conference website by 20 May 2017
- Papers should be submitted with a one-page abstract in English, although the final papers may be written in any of IFLA’s official languages
- All papers that are presented at the WLIC 2017 will be made available online via the IFLA Library under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license
- Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form
- At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Wroclaw, Poland. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
- Deadline for submission of abstract : 15 March 2017
- Notification of acceptance/rejection : 13 April 2017
- Deadline for submission of full paper : 20 May 2017.
All proposals must be received by 15 March 2017.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to authors.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage