Rovelstad Scholarship in International Librarianship 2017
[Application is now closed]
Please read the information below before filling out the online application form. If you need further information, please e-mail email@example.com.
Information for Applicants
The Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) is pleased to announce a scholarship for a student of library and information science to attend the World Library and Information Congress of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA).
The scholarship is intended to encourage students who have an interest in international library work and enable them to participate in IFLA early in their careers. The 2017 IFLA World Library and Information Congress takes place in Wroclaw, Poland, August 19-25, 2017. The scholarship is made possible through the generosity of Mathilde and Howard Rovelstad.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited school of library and information science at the time of the 2017 IFLA annual meeting.
- They must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Applicants should have an interest in cooperative endeavors with international libraries, international standards, or other international library and information issues.
The scholarship covers conference registration, passport fee (if applicable), international economy-class air travel, ground transportation, meals, and lodging.
- Complete applications must be submitted using CLIR’s online application form by 27 January 2017.
- The award recipient will be notified by 5 April 2017.
A complete application consists of the following items submitted through CLIR’s online application system:
- a completed and submitted online application form
- official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate-school records; and
- two letters of reference submitted by reference providers through the online application system.
Questions about the application process or the program should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org