Call for Papers: Open Sessions
"Demonstrating the Contribution of Libraries to the UN 2030 Agenda: Best Practices from Division of Regions"
IFLA Africa Section: Invites Librarians, Information Scientists and other interested professionals to submit proposals for the Open Forum to be held during the 83rd IFLA WLIC, in Wroclaw, Poland, from 19-25 August 2017. In line with the main theme of the Congress, “Libraries, Solidarity, Society”, Africa Section proposes a Session on the theme:
Demonstrating the Contribution of Libraries to the UN 2030 Agenda: Best Practices from Division of Regions.
- Demonstrating the Contribution of Libraries to the UN 2030 Agenda: Best practices from Africa or Asia and Oceania or Latin America and The Caribbean
- Framework for Regional and Inter-Regional Collaboration of libraries in the attainment of the SDGs in Africa, Asia and Oceania; Latin America and the Caribbean
- Fostering the promotion of Libraries in the UN 2030 Agenda: Cross-Cultural Initiatives
- Advocacy on the UN 2030 Agenda: A Call to Action for Libraries
- Building the Capacity of Librarians to Deliver on the UN 2030 Agenda
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Assessment of UN 2030 Agenda through Libraries
The proposal must be the original work of the author(s) and should be written in either English or French. Each abstract must contain:
- Title of proposed presentation
- Outline of the proposed presentation (no more than 350 words)
- Name(s) of presenter(s)
- Position or title of presenter(s)
- Presenter(s) employer or affiliated institution
- E-mail address, Telephone/fax numbers
- Short biographical statement of the presenter/s, with digital photograph
Please email ABSTRACTS (Proposals) by 20 January 2017 to:
|Dr Rosemary Shafack
Chair, IFLA Africa Section
|Ms Kathy Matsika
Secretary, IFLA Africa Section
E- mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
All proposals will be evaluated by a refereeing team of the Standing Committee of the IFLA Africa Section
For information on the IFLA Africa Section, please see http://www.ifla.org/en/africa
All proposals must be in before 20 January 2017.
20 January 2017: Deadline for Submission of Abstracts
20 February 2017: Notification of acceptance/rejection of papers
20 May 2017: Deadline for Submission of Full Papers
Secretary, IFLA Africa Section
National University of Science and Technology
P O Box AC 940
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Wrocław, Poland. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to authors.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage